Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yo, why the fuss?




These photos were some rare moments caught when Lakin was not being a fussy pants.  What gives with all this unexplained crying?  It's like she's a baby or something.  I picked her up from daycare today and the report was not positive.  Apparently she was pretty angry when she was not eating or sleeping.  Ah, the life of a baby.  My sweet, easy going, little girl has turned into a total D.Q. (drama queen).

This parenting thing is a total mystery.  We read books, we try everything and you always wonder: Is this okay?  Are we creating a bad habit?  Is she okay?  Is this normal?  I mean, there's not a magic formula that works for every baby.  To top it off, just when I think I know what I'm doing she changes.  For example, the pacifier used to be the most beloved object in the whole house.  Now, when I try to use it she spits it out with a large measure of disgust and looks at me like, lady, that thing doesn't have any milk in it- what do you take me for, a fool?

I'll take all the fussing in the world for those quiet, sweet moments where she falls asleep in my arms, giggles and kicks her feet at me, nuzzles her head deeper into my chest, and snuggles up next to me during a late night feeding.   She is pretty awesome and I think she wins my heart over more and more everyday.  If only we could get her to speak, then she wouldn't have to cry so much.

3 comments:

  1. obviously you guys need to work on baby sign language a la Meet the Fockers

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, your hair always looks so good! Second, thanks for always being willing to interject humor into your parenting stories. I'm sure that's the only way I will survive parenting someday. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel relief that you're going through the fussy baby thing, too. I mean, not that I want that for anyone else, but I keep hearing people say how their baby just never cries and mine sure does. And mine used to love his paci, but now he rarely wants it. Ugh. My secret weapon is gone!

    ReplyDelete