Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Noise Pop

Did you know Seattle is the breeding ground for wonderful musical artists?  Nirvana, Soundgarden, Sir Mix-A-Lot, all began in this rainy city.  Most recently we discovered noise pop and this fantastic duo, Sleigh Bells.  Go ahead, listen to it again.  It will get stuck in your head.  My favorite line: "Wonder what your boyfriend thinks about your braces."  This is probably the first and last time I might be ahead of the curve on the music scene.  I still listen to Celine Dion's Falling Into You album on repeat.  You're welcome.

Correction: My husband sweetly informed me that Sleigh Bells is not a Seattle band.  I simply heard about them in Seattle so you can naturally see how I would assume that they began there.  Logic was always one of my higher scores on aptitude tests.

1 comment:

  1. So its about a 16 year old girl that is possessed by the devil? Is that what the 16666 means.

    The video shows her pushing a guy out the car she driving. The guy she shoves out of the car has a hole in his head. Whats up with that?

    I like the video and song "Straight A's" I also like Infinity Guitars. The guy that plays the bass is assome!

    ReplyDelete