Monday, September 12, 2011

A Jaeger Family Weekend

tap. tap. tap.

Is this thing on?

Sorry for the delay in posts.  I've been meaning to write millions of posts between the Michael's debacle and now but I somehow never could get the words out.  For those of you who frequent this blog, you know that means I'm about to unleash a crazy string of random photos on you.

Chris was on call this weekend and that dang pager was hot.  Every time he sat down to enjoy himself, the thing would buzz.  I woke up both Saturday and Sunday in the middle of the night to catch him as he headed off to the hospital.  Lucky for me I can sleep through pages, long winded conversations to patients, and the light turning on and off.  Poor guy.  Oh, well, he signed up for this craziness, right?

When Chris is on call he takes it at home, which means we get to see the doctor side of him on a regular basis.  It's pretty interesting to hear him in a more clinical sort of way and it's my personal favorite when he dictates notes via the phone.  He talks so fast and the jargon flies; the medical world has their own language, you know.

So this weekend Lakin and I entertained ourselves between Chris' rounds and unexpected trips to the hospital.
 Lakin loves milk time.  She's taken to carrying her milk all around the house.  Can you say, "Hello little drops of milk all over the carpet?"  So this weekend a new rule was instituted, milk is only for when we're seated in our high chair.  Like usual, I'm met with some resistance with this new boundary. No worries, this momma can hold out.


 Terrible photo of my constantly moving subject but I wanted to share this because in this picture Lakin has her two most beloved items: bear head hat and big stick for the slider.  I think I put bear head hat away fifty times a day only to find it lying in the middle of the hallway minutes later.  She's not so much into wearing the hat as she is to carrying it around and leaving it in unsuspecting places such as the fridge, with the pots and pans, and atop the toilet.  Lovely.  Big stick just gets carried throughout the house.  Not sure the draw there.  Would she be my child if she weren't a little strange?


 Despite an adorable outfit worn by Miss BG, the Chiefs were not able to bring home the W.  Oh, well, I'll consider it a win that Lakin left that hair clip in her hair for the few minutes it took to snap this photo.
 "Hey look Mom, my pants zip!"
 When skyping with my folks we decided to take the Halloween costume for a spin.  It was a good fifteen minutes worth of fun.  I can't wait until this one can go Trick or Treating.
 What's underneath that pumpkin exterior?  An undying love for a mediocre fantastic football team.


 Lakin's third favorite toy is the family Mac.  She loves to press as many buttons as possible at once.  She can usually be found sitting on the keyboard if it's left within reach.
 I know, more of the same.  Actually, this picture shows our child's giving spirit.  She is a sharer.  She likes to feed you food from her plate, she offers all her toys to her Dad and friends and thinks that if she enjoys something then you must too.  I'm proud of my little giver.  I just hope she stays that way when the concept of "mine" works it's way into her brain.
 Final pic of the weekend, Lakin and Dad were headed downstairs to watch some football.  Lakin likes to open the gate and close it when we get upstairs.  She's helpful like that.  Actually, she follows me in the kitchen and closes things behind me.  Putting groceries away the other day she would close the fridge each time I put something in.  She closes cabinets and drawers as I pull items out.  She's a little OCD about the whole thing.  She gets that need for order from her father.

Another good weekend.




2 comments:

  1. oh my so many comments I don't know where to start. Lets see first...good job on the milk in the high chair rule!! You are such a smart Mommy :) Second I don't think there could possible be a cuter Chiefs fan anywhere!!!! Beyond precious!! Next, that little pumpkin better find her way to Miss Cathy's house or there may be consequences :) And lastly have you done some furniture rearranging? I don't remember the hutch being on that side of the dining room. Thanks for another wonderful blog post. I just can't seem to get enough of that sweet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Brock is also in the "closing things" stage. The other day he closed the back door while he was outside and we were inside. Then he screamed hysterically like it was our fault.

    ReplyDelete