Wednesday, October 12, 2011

randomly thinking

I miss teaching.  I miss my corner of the world (it was a mobile trailer corner, but it was perfect, nonetheless) where I could reign supreme.   I miss encouraging young minds to think for themselves and to dream big.  I miss reading juicy young adult literature and having meaningful conversations with my students as they sorted through some of the more complicated issues of life.

I don't know if I'll ever get to be queen of a classroom again.  I don't know if I want to.  But I do miss it.

I am fortunate to get to do this with my own children someday.  For now, we will read Whose Baby Am I? for the umpteenth time and work on pointing to our belly buttons and mouths.  We all start somewhere, right?


1 comment:

  1. you will teach again because you want to and you are amazing and fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete