Monday, May 14, 2012

22 Weeks: Unconventional Maternity Photos



We're 22, almost 23 weeks pregnant.  By "we're" I mean me.  Why do people refer to the couple as being pregnant?  I am the only one carrying around this baby.  I'm pretty sure I will be the only one doing the pushing come September.  Let's just call it what it is.

These amazing and flattering photos were taken this weekend at a wedding we attended in Kansas City (more on this later).  We had some time to kill after the ceremony and before the send off so we resorted to a quick and awkward photo shoot.  Bottom photo is Chris performing a wicked drum solo on the baby bump.  (Don't worry, no babies were harmed in the process of this photo shoot.)

So here's the latest TMI about this pregnancy:

Feeling: Like a gigantic woman and wondering how in the world we're only a little over halfway done with this thing.  Oh my goodness, I am HUGE.

Fearing: Sneezes.  If I feel one coming on I hightail it to a restroom as fast as possible.  If you've been pregnant you might know what I'm referring to.  If you're a urologist, you definitely know what I'm talking about.  It's one of the perks of pregnancy.

Wishing: My pants would completely cover my behind when I bend over.  If I flash you a little plumber's crack, please forgive me.  I'm sure I will regret sharing this later.

Wondering: If this baby is going to be a boy or girl.  It's kind of killing me with suspense.  The gender ship sailed with the ultrasound last month though so I will continue to wait in anticipation.

Hoping: For a pain free labor, possibly the result of sneeze where the baby peacefully glides out.

Regretting: The Five Guys burger I ate last night at 10:00pm.



3 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately your sense of humor is one the things I love most about you!! Thanks for making me laugh out loud today :) Oh and double thanks for the awesome pic of sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look anything but huge - you look pretty darn amazing! I know what you mean about the sneezes... terrible side effect! My guess is girl. I know you didn't ask my opinion, but there you have it :-) Hope you are feeling good!
    P.S. we ate chipotle for mothers day dinner and I of course thought of the Jaeger fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best kind of maternity pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete