Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Confession Time

I have a secret I need to put out there.  You might already know this, or perhaps you've assumed.  I've dropped hints from time to time and there have been a few posts devoted to this particular topic.   But in pursuit of full disclosure you need to know:

I love McDonalds.

Sigh of relief.  It's out there.

I know, I'm a girl and I'm supposed to like chicken salad and Panera paninis (which I also love) but I would never turn down a McDouble if one was put in front of me.

My mother-in-law is making a face right now.  Some of you might be quickly deleting me from your Google Reader.  But in an effort to be completely transparent, I need you to know that I have a serious love for the golden arches.

I realize it's not lady like.

I was discussing with a friend this weekend how there is some shame associated with a preference for fast food.  Especially for the ladies.

But if you tell me that you simply do not enjoy those tiny onions or the salt and pepper they put on their cheeseburgers I might call you a liar to your face.

So there you have it.  I'm not all Super Size Me about it.  I don't frequent the McDonald's drive thru but when we're on a car trip you better believe I'm casting my vote for a #2 Extra Value Meal with a Dr. Pepper.

There you have it.  I hope we can still be friends.



6 comments:

  1. I love the cheeseburgers with extra pickles. Glory, glory! No one else seems to appreciate them like me, so thanks, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Sara. Way to be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a confession, too....when I was pregnant, I went to McDonald's at least once a week! What I can say, it is delicious and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a confession to make. I WAS making a face while reading this. Haven't been in a fast food place for about 7 yrs. I don't miss it and I don't think they miss me. My body is a temple--ha! a temple filled with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with ya!! Just ate there today. Hamburger happy meal with extra pickles. Awesome. Plus referring to your road trip comment, they actually usually have pretty clean bathrooms and now with their good coffee too it's a good pit stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too. Though I haven't had it in a while. I get it without onions, though, because if I have one microscopic bit of onion my husband won't come within 90 feet of me.

    ReplyDelete