Thursday, August 30, 2012

Waiting

So I stink at waiting.  Yeah, I'm pretty bad at it.  I remember when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy with Lakin I was simply ready to have a baby.  When a doctor told me I was 2cm dilated a couple weeks before my due date I figured that meant I'd have a baby any minute.  Nope.  Still waited another week and a half.  Pure agony.

I have a little over two weeks to my due date.  There's no rational reason to believe I should have gone into labor before now but the 10 month pregnant mind is anything but rational.  In fact I don't know if I can expect to think terribly rational until tater tot's first birthday.  But I digress.

Every day I wake up and wonder if this will be the day we meet our newest little.  Every night I go over the scenario in my mind if I wake up to contractions or my water breaks in the middle of the night.  Stomach cramps make me quickly think through my checklist of what needs to be done on the way to the hospital.  I am living on the edge of insanity waiting for a baby.

On top of that, I fear my labor will be too fast this time.  It was about two hours with Lakin.  Two hours!  Sounds like a dream to many, and I feel fortunate that things went the way they did but two hours doesn't buy you much time to get your toddler to a safe place, get your laboring self to a hospital, page your husband, and hopefully make it to the safety of a delivery room in time to push a baby out.  And, as great of a story it would make, I do not want to deliver this baby a. at our home b. in a car c. in the lobby of the hospital (true story of one precipitous laborer at Mayo-poor woman).

But I'm not in control of how and when this baby comes.  God is, though.  He's got a plan and it may or may not involve making sure my camera is packed and I have shaved my legs.  But it's perfect.

Wait on the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD.

It will be a joyful day when we finally meet this little one.  I'm sure there will be an epic story to tell you.  Don't worry, I'll share more than you care to know, it's what I do.  No matter how it ends up, it will be just as the Lord planned.

And because I have been slacking in the photo department, I leave you with some Lake Bug pictures to brighten your day.
 Those eyes are so beautiful.  Don't you love that little polka dot cardigan?  She could be a Crew Cuts model.
As mentioned in an earlier post, lots of princess play, lots of dress up, lots of jewels and accessories.  For the rough and tumble girl, she's also quite feminine.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful picture of Lakin.
    I'm SO EXCITED for you and will be anxiously awaiting your birth story!
    I'll be praying for a safe and healthy delivery and one with plenty of time to make it to that delivery room (maybe even with an epidural this time!).

    ReplyDelete