Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bennett: 9 Months


Happy 9 Months, Little Mister.  This year is just flying by and it won't be long before we're blowing out candles and blowing up balloons for this little guy's first birthday.  Bennett has changed so much in the last month.

Ben spent a good portion of this month grouchy about his two front teeth.  They kept him up at night and consequently kept Chris and I awake.  I am happy to announce that we're all back to our regularly scheduled program of sleeping 6pm to 6am.  Thank goodness.  I am a real bear when I lack rest.

Bennett has discovered his shrieking voice.  It's real fun, let me tell you.  If he's in the high chair but there's not food in front of him he screams.  If we're grocery shopping and I remove the list from his death grip he screams, if he sees you walk by and is otherwise playing happily, he screams.  I sneak around corners to stay out of his line of sight sometimes.  That boy has to get over his separation anxiety somehow, right?

Chris and I were remarking on how aggressive this boy is.  He lunges forward to grab things, just about wrestles his way out of your arms when carrying him and has been known to take out hair by the fistful from unsuspecting victims.  He's so strong and changing his diaper/putting his pants on is a real challenge.  I'm seriously considering throwing in the towel on the pants thing until he's old enough to dress himself.  Who needs a gym when you have a baby to wrestle, amiright?

Ben is eating table food and has grown quite fond of all kinds of meat.  He also seeks out cheese on his tray before consuming any other foods we give him, he's my son, after all.  The little guy is somewhat of a garbage disposal, cleaning up our family leftovers from the night before.  I know this is only the beginning of the crazy consumption of boys.

He's thisclose to crawling.  He can get on his hands and knees and even move backwards but propelling forward hasn't work for him yet.  That's okay, I'm in no rush to move into the phase where you have to watch them like a hawk every waking second.

My obsession with this little guy continues.  Oh, how I love him.  


1 comment:

  1. Grandpa Lakin loves Mr. B. Ben is truly wonderful just like his Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete