Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why I LOVE Sseko

I want to take a minute to tell you about a company I love.  I love this company, not simply because they produce beautiful footwear and handbags but because of their heart.  Sseko Designs is an ethical fashion brand based in Uganda.  The company started when my friend, Liz, traveled to Uganda post college graduation and recognized that there was a great need for jobs for women, specifically women who desired to continue their education at University.  A journalism major, Liz, took a huge leap of faith and started a sandal company.  She admits that at the time she had no idea what she was doing as well as what a significant impact Sseko would have in the lives of countless people.  I'm so thankful for brave women, like Liz, who take giant leaps to address the very real needs of this world.

video

These sandals, and now handbags, totes, scarves... and very soon jewelry, are an example of how ethical fashion can help end the cycle of poverty.  Our purchase has great power, friends!  

I urge you to learn more at www.ssekodesigns.com.  It a beautiful company with an awesome heart.  Join them in their mission to educate, employ and empower!

P.S.  I just got my leather tote.  I am beyond impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.  It's absolutely stunning.  I carry it everywhere and it's prefect for toting my laptop to and from work - it even has a special laptop pocket to keep it protected from the other chaos of my bag.  



No comments:

Post a Comment