Thursday, October 9, 2014

Donuts, Baby Girls & Great Expectations

So this pregnancy is flying by and I just went this week for our anatomy ultrasound.  I talked Chris into finding out the gender this time.  I figured with our impending move, it might be nice to know what clothes to keep out and what to store away.  But in reality, the suspense was killing me.

 Here's a little bump photo.  Don't mind the dirty mirror or the blurry toddler.  He's cute, though, isn't he?
 Chris thinks photos of people with cameras blocking their face are creepy.  But I attempted to focus and them move the camera and the final product was lots of random shots of the mirror frame.  So.  Creepy. It. Is.

 A headless photo.  Perhaps even creepier?

I had the most lovely ultrasound tech this time around and I think I could have napped in that room for hours if they would have let me.  What has the world come to when going to the doctor and lying on an exam table has become a vacation?

Baby is developing like a little champ and even had a hand up over its forehead for the entire ultrasound.  Perhaps this baby is more in tune with its future surroundings than we think.  After the all clear and healthy check we found out that our third child will be a GIRL.

I met Chris in the clinic lobby following my appointment and showed him our images from the ultrasound.  He beamed when he came to the image declaring baby's sex.  "I can't wait to have another daughter."  Chris is an amazing father to Lakin, it will be so fun to watch him raise another little girl.  I swung by Dunkin' to pick up two pink donuts for the kids (and a Chocolate Long John - for the baby, alright).

I saved the donuts for after dinner and waited for Chris to come home, certain that our announcement about baby SIS would be monumental.  Lakin's been determined this baby would be a girl and I figured we'd at least get an excited reaction out of her.

Chris started to set the donuts down in front of the kids before I had my phone ready to video and I barked at him to wait a minute so we didn't miss this moment on camera... obviously I had some high expectations for the reaction.  When I was filming, Chris gave the kids the donuts and we told them why they were pink... the response was radio silence and extreme concentration on eating those friggin' donuts.  Apparently, a Dunkin' Donut is just as exciting, if not more, than a baby sister.  

To watch: Check out my Instagram feed.



 Later, in the absence of donuts, they were able to express their extreme excitement over baby sister.








1 comment: