Monday, September 7, 2015

I Am Pretty Sure Everyone Saw This Coming... I'm a Noonday Ambassador!

Guys, this has been a long time coming.

I am really excited to tell you about a new business venture.

It makes me equal parts sweaty and excited. (The best things in life do.)

I am joining the Noonday Ambassador tribe and am launching my own Noonday business!



Let me give you a little background as to how I finally said "yes" to this next adventure.

A couple of years ago I read a book that turned my world upside down.  Jen Hatmaker's book, 7 An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess was transformational for me.  I wrote about how it challenged my laissez faire attitude about stuff and my life long goal to accumulate it.  Which, up to this point, was a serious aspiration.  I'm just keeping it real.

After reading this book and seriously considering what God requires of his people, I knew I wanted to be someone who could be the change I so desperately wanted to see in the world.  It was no longer good enough to know about injustice, it was time to do something about it.  While I often felt like I never had enough to make a difference (knowledge, money, clout, etc.), I learned that I make up the top 1% of wealth in the world (and you probably do too) and that changing our world starts with small decisions - not widespread movements.  My meager resources could actually make a difference.  But I had to be willing to make some changes so that my actions lined up with the convictions of my heart.

Enter my dear friend, Bethany.  Bethany was a Noonday ambassador and introduced me to Noonday's mission.  Noonday uses fashion and design to create meaningful opportunities around the world.  They accomplish this by creating a marketplace for artisan goods from vulnerable communities around the world.   These artisan groups struggle to gain access to the global market - they can't jump on Etsy or market their small business on Instagram and Twitter.  By collaborating with Noonday, artisans are able to reach a larger market, enabling their businesses to flourish and grow, thus creating economic opportunity and freedom for many individuals.  By partnering with artisans in the developing world, Noonday is empowering them to create sustainable businesses and dignified jobs which means stable and reliable incomes for these individuals.  This allows them the ability to put food on the table, send their children to school and keep their families together.



I invited Bethany to share Noonday with my friends at a trunk show I hosted in the comfort of my own living room.  Bethany brought along the handmade items for us to see and try on and shared the vision and mission of Noonday.    The evening was not only fun, it was empowering.  I learned, along with my guests, that our purchases can have power.





Thus, my love affair with Noonday began.  I went on to host three other trunk shows before I finally decided to join the Noonday Ambassador tribe.  So many friends encouraged me to take the leap and I guess I just decided it was time to take a risk and put myself out there as an advocate for something I strongly support.


I am so excited to see what God plans to do through my "yes".  I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't terrified of failing or of being misrepresented.  I would say that sales is not something I ever thought I would get into.  But I see this new role as much more than a sales position.  I am most excited about sharing these artisans' stories and beginning conversations with the women I meet through Noonday.  I am eager to make new connections and dream with others about how we can create a world that is flourishing; one where children are cherished, women are empowered, people have jobs and we are connected.



I'm looking for world-changing women who are interested in partnering with Noonday by opening their homes and hosting their own trunk show.  I'm currently booking trunk shows through December.  I'd love if you'd join me!  Hosting a trunk show is easy and so much fun.  Your "yes" will create meaningful opportunity around the world.


And if you know anyone in the process of adopting, Noonday partners with adoptive families to help bring home children.  When a hostess throw an adoption trunk show Noonday gives 10% of sales to the adoptive family to fund their process.  November is national adoption month.  Noonday Collection is going to be partnering with AdoptTogether between October 1-November 9 to celebrate and support adoption as part of#WorldAdoptionDay (November 9th)!  Our goal is to host 1,000 adoption fundraiser trunk shows to help bring children into their forever homes! We've also designed a #WorldAdoptionDay Bracelet, available for $20, where $10 from each bracelet sale will be put into an AdoptTogether fund that one of our adoption fundraiser families will receive.  Please let me know if you would like to support an adoptive family by hosting a trunk show in their honor.  I'd love to book as many adoption trunk shows as possible during the month of October. 

You can shop Noonday on my site: www.sarajaeger.noondaycollection.com.   

Not only is the mission and heart of Noonday beautiful, their handmade accessories are pretty fantastic too!  



1 comment: